Adult and Student Programming
Book a program with us!
We offer a wide range of different programs for adults and students K-12. We can visit clubs, nursing homes, and schools armed with artifacts and great stories to provide interesting insights into local history. Programs can also be held right at the museum.
Programming for students is designed to meet the new Iowa Core Social Studies Standards. We are happy to develop new programs to meet your needs.
Below are some examples of programs we have ready to go. Call us today to book a program.
- Pioneer Farming
- Clothes Tell Stories
- Let There Be Light: The Effects of Rural Electrification on Women
- Reminiscence Programs
- If You Were a Kid in 1900
- The Moving West Game
- Iowa Inventions that Changed the World
- Fifth Grade History Labs
- Hands-on Artifact Study
- Pocahontas County and the Civil War
- Early Immigrants in Pocahontas County
- On the Home Front: World War II
- Connecting with Your Ancestors at a Museum
- Creating Museum Displays